Saturday 2 May 2015

#fudgeitfatclub

But I don't want to Om

Yoga has fast become one of my favourite classes each week, but to begin with I really struggled with the yoghurt-weavey nature of yoga.  I'm not very spiritual, even putting my hands in prayer during postures made me uncomfortable but the benefits of having a good ol' stretch every week have been immeasurable.  As part of #fudgetitfatclub I want to chart my progress with yoga so before class begins (i.e. there is no one around to see Sarah and I taking photos of ourselves) I'm going to take a photo of my downward facing dog pose to see where I can improve and what progress I've made.

Hamstrings of pain!

Week one (not technically week one of doing yoga but week one of charting progress), need to work on straightening my back which means working on my oh so tight hamstrings and hips.  Week two - time to move those feet closer if I can, and keep at those tight hips, happy that I can get my heels to the floor though when I started yoga they were way off so that's a good improvement.

Thought monkeys

One of the things yoga teaches you is to reign in those 'thought monkeys' (as our teacher labelled them this week).  Thought monkeys are those thoughts that pop into your head and jump around distracting you from your practice, here are some of mine:
  • There appears to be a dust stalactite hanging from the ceiling, if that falls it's going to land in my mouth, horror!!
  • (when doing any pose that involves looking at your feet), I neeeed to sort those trotters out before summer no one should have to witness them.
  • Is that my phone?  Oh crap, am I the person who didn't put their phone to silent?  Shit bags I am!!
  • I wonder how many people have used this mat before me?  If I put my face on it am I going to get spots?
  • Don't fart, don't fart, don't fart, don't fart, don't fart.

What are your thought monkeys when exercising?  I can't be the only one with this nonsense swimming around my head can I??




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...