Wednesday 13 May 2015

#fudgeitfatclub

It's coming up to a month since I listed steps one and two of #fudgeitfatclub, (you can read the post here) so I thought I would check back in and add to the list.

Scornful scales

THAT moment, when you step on the scales, look down and think "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck how did that happen??".  I had that moment a while ago, I didn't feel like I had put on weight, I'd been careful with what I had been eating and how much exercise I was doing but the number on the scales was a real knock.  

Side note: this is the emotional journey I go through when processing bad news... Rage against it (this usually involves a lot of swearing and animated gestures of disbelief), bitch about it to others needling them verbally to agree with me, sulk, reflect and apply rational thought, reason with myself, look at it from another point of view, accept or find a solution.

After stomping about with my rage face on for a while I sped through the emotional journey and realised that with all the exercise I'd probably put on muscle mass not fat mass, I was certainly feeling more toned and confident.  It was in this moment that I made the decision not to measure my success on the scales but with a measurement tracker instead, this records bust, chest, arm, waist, stomach, hips, thighs, and calves.  Every week I will check and record my progress, I am liberated from the scales which feels awesome and progressive.

Balance

Its not all about the exercise, upping and upping the amount that I do won't fix things if I'm not focused on what and how much I'm eating.  I've been using the Diet Plan app and website to track the amount of calories I'm taking on usually aiming for 1200 a day and ensuring that I'm burning off more than I put in.  It is remarkable how much food you can justify away and kid yourself into believing 'don't count'.  I thought I would be too hungry to keep up the classes that I do (I'm not going to lie there are some days when the classes are a struggle) but actually it hasn't been too much of an issue.  80% of the journey is the food we eat, 20% is the exercise we do!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...